Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Daze

We got to Snowshoe yesterday.

I got a new pair of skis as a retirement gift to myself and this was the first time out. They are a lot stiffer and shorter (and slower) than the old ones. Actually, that works out OK since now I can follow the wifey without running over her ;-)

Today was Cindi's birthday and I didn't forget. I did forget it a few years back and it wasn't so pretty. I called from work and asked what was for dinner at which point she informed me that she didn't know since she doesn't cook on her birthday...oops!

The kids even made her a surprise birthday cake today. They bought all the stuff at the Snowshoe store and it cost about $20, but it was a really good surprise.

Cindi's turn...just a bit more elaboration on my cake from the kids since we "forgot" to get a picture before the cake was eaten. They made me a devil's food cake with what else but chocolate icing. Since Snowshoe didn't stock candles for my cake they also hit upon the grand plan of using M & M's to spell out "Happy B'day". The only problem arose when they had to buy the candy from the vending machines...how about over a $1/pack. I'm telling you it had to have been the most expensive cake I have ever had! Thanks go to Thomas, Rob, Amanda & Landon for the surprise & wonderful cake. Oh did I mention that I was able to get 2 pieces of cake? It seems Rob was concerned that we'd have to leave cake behind so he helped in the disposal by eating 5 pieces. Lesson learned...not to leave my cake in the kids condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment